16.3.12

BASEMENT BAKERY

Last night, I yet again attempted a bread recipe... with  nightmares of dense bricks getting tossed in the trash replaying over and over in my mind. But this time... SUCCESS!! Until now, I have been horribly unsuccessful in my bread making efforts. My soon-to-be sister in-law sent me the multigrain bread recipe that she uses, and this time my efforts were rewarded. This bread is not only super healthy, but super delicious. We have decided never to buy bread again! We'll definitely be baking two or more loaves a week of this bread from now on. I feel bad for the half bag of Wonder+ sitting in my pantry. 
Note the bottom right picture below: Our trusty toaster oven was JUST big enough. I was praying that the top wouldn't burn!
Ok so really WAY better than I thought concerning the top burning... and in fact, the burned parts still tasted amaaaazing!
Note the FLUFFINESS!
End result: we're thinking of starting our own bakery. Ok not really.
My morning:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment