4.10.12

RECIPE: CHILI-STUFFED PEPPERS

This weekend Mark and I are heading to LeRoy, SK to visit Mark’s grandparents at their farm for Thanksgiving. Yeehaw! From there we are driving straight to Prince Albert for a 3-day teachers conference. We come home Thursday night, and head right back out on Friday morning to Edmonton for an IKEA trip and to hit up the West Edmonton Mall (for the second time this year!).

I am trying to use up our perishables before we leave, so for lunch today I made some more stuffed peppers. I had made some chili yesterday (in our new dutch oven from Mom & Dad! Holla!) and along with some rice and cheese, I stuffed those peppers full of deliciousness. Let me tell you I had one very happy husband at lunch time!
01
PicMonkey Collage2
4a
 Chili – Stuffed Peppers

1. Make some chili.
2. Cut, scoop out, and wash some peppers.
3. Cook some rice.
4. Grate some mozza cheese.
4. Combine chili, rice and cheese.
5. Stuff your peppers!
6. Grate some more mozza cheese, and sprinkle on top.
7. Line a 9x12 casserole dish with parchment paper.
8. Bake at 400F for 40 minutes et voila!

As I’ve said before, these are such an awesome, easy, and fast meal to make – especially if you are using leftovers like me! In fact, both times that I’ve made them, I’ve stuffed peppers with leftovers. Awesome solution to clean out your fridge! We also love these because they are so versatile. You can stuff them with anything!

If you like this idea, check out my stuffed sweet potato recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment