28.11.12

BABY BLANKET & UPDATE


It's been busy. Like crazy busy. 

I've started babysitting full-time for a little 2 year old girl named Jamie. She is adorrrrrable! But I'm also now 10 weeks pregnant and so dang tired I can't even explain. The nausea hasn't been terrible, but it also hasn't been great. Soda crackers and maternity pants are actually my best friends right now. Anyways, life with a two-year-old is awesome, but busy. But at least this a good taste of what it must be like to be pregnant with a second child! 

Anyhoo, Mark has also been super busy. His online course workload has really picked up, and he's pretty much coaching basketball almost every night of the week now. It's great, but again, tiring! Last night we were up into the wee hours of the morning as he worked on his paper and I made him some coffee. I eventually had to give up and go to bed, but he was a trooper and got it done.

Last weekend we drove to Cold Lake, AB to do some shopping. As mentioned above, I bought my first pir of mat pants and I am in love! Although I secretly wish I didn't have to wear pants at all... but that would be weird. And cold. It's been like -20 to -25 up here and it's only November! Yikes. So we did a big shop at Walmart and got bunches of food and other random things for our home. But most importantly, yarn. Yahoo!

And as you can see, I started to crochet my first baby blanket! And it's honestly been one of the only creative things I have been doing lately. I haven't even been cooking very much. I actually caved and bought KD last week... delicious though. I mean who am I trying to kid? But anyway it's a new pattern I learned off of good ol' Pinterest (slight obsession) and it's working out quite well. The baby yarn is so soft and lovely and I might have to make a large version for myself. But really, I just can't wait to wrap our little sweetheart up!

Speaking of, my first Dr's appointment last week was awesome. She felt my uterus and told me it was now about the size of a small grapefruit! And at my next appointment (13 weeks) Mark is taking the day off because we should be able to hear the baby's heartbeat! We are so so so super excited. And the next day we will be flying to Ottawa for the Christmas holidays. So that will absolutely be an exciting week. 

Anyway, it is Jamie's nap time right now, which means it is also my nap time!

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment