5.3.13

MARCH

The snow is actually beginning to dwindle here in Beauval. And by dwindle, I mean we can now see some of the paved (or unpaved) streets, but everything else is still covered... but melting! There are even little birds chirping a springy tune as I type this morning. The new season is slowly making her presence known, and we are welcoming her with open arms. Each morning I wake up a with a little extra lightness is my heart, as I wake up to a little more light in the sky. The days are getting noticeably longer now and we have moved from spending most of our time cozying up indoors, to the outdoors, enjoying the sun and warmer temperatures. I particularly appreciate the rise in temperature now, as I can no longer zip up my winter coat properly. I supposed this soccer ball-sized tummy of mine prefers to be exposed to the sunshine and fresh air. 

I've never found the beginning of spring to be the loveliest of times. It's muddy, sometimes stinky, and quite honestly "beauty" is a subjective word during these first few weeks. And yet, it is here that lies a hope - a special kind of hope about what comes next. Soon the mud and strange smells will fade away and spring will blossom in all her glory. 

So while we grudge through these last cold, muddy days of late winter, looking forward to the hopeful season before us, there is all the reason to dream about what is to come. New life, new stories, new friends, new adventures. 
Anything can happen.

And now, the super cutest March 2013 calendar for your desktop or smartphone from Going Home to Roost.
Click the photo for all sizes and styles of this March calendar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment