14.2.13

THURSDAY THINGS

1. February. The month where you first see a glimpse of the spring to come. After a very long winter here in Beauval, I welcome February with open arms, dreaming of the first days of spring. The temperature is slowly starting to rise, and even the hats and mitts are shed in the afternoon sun. On Tuesday, little J (the sweet and lovely girl I babysit) and I spent our whole morning exploring our little town. With a deep breath of fresh air, I basked in the beautiful sunshine and was thankful for this time of in-between, of looking forward, of the changing of seasons and the hope that lies within.

2. This week I came across this hilarious and inventive film about author and artist Oliver Jeffers. I'm sure you will enjoy this short video, and perhaps even find some inspiration.

3. Unfortunately, living in Beauval means that we don't have easy access to a large grocery store that sells every ingredient you could ever think of. It also means a lot of planning on my part for when we do hit the road and visit a bigger city center. Aaaand it also means that my pregnancy cravings have to be put on hold until then. For example, I do not own even half of the ingredients in this Homemade Chai recipe, and if you know me and my love of all things tea, I would have scrambled off to the nearest Bulk Barn by now and stocked up if we were back in Ottawa. We are, however, making a little road trip to Edmonton this weekend so I am hoping to grab everything I need to satisfy this mouth-watering craving of mine. And plus, it will give me yet another excuse to use my little milk frother!

4. If you need a laugh, this hilarious list of 38 Ways To Tell If You Had The Best Childhood Ever will surely do it. As you will notice of course, this is for all you 90's childhood friends. So great. So so great.
5. I have really been looking forward to creating something with this colour of yarn. Now that the temperature is slowly rising, but not yet reliably so, I am making one last winter cowl.  A little thinner than my others, this little guy should keep me warm but not uncomfortable in the warmer hours of the day. It is just the beginning, but once completed I will share with you my very easy pattern.

6. I can't stop looking at IKEA stuff. Mainly the baby IKEA stuff. And mainly the IKEA storage solutions for baby's room. I also can't stop looking up pins for organized nursery's. Again, if I lived closer to an IKEA I would have probably spent too much money already. I am trying, however, to be as crafty as I can with the nursery to in fact save money as well as make his little room as homey and handmade as possible. I've started a little mobile project, but I must grab some more yarn and other supplies while in Edmonton. Michaels, here I come!

7. I missed the Grammy's this year. I was so excited to see that Global was streaming it live, but it must have been just swamped with viewers because it was not working for me at all. I made do with watching the red carpet and some behind the scenes footage online, but it was sure frustrating not to see the real thing. Luckily my friend found a great website that had most of the performances uploaded so I was still able to watch those! And I must say, although there were very many awesome performances, I love Kelly Clarkson's the most. Here's a terrible youtube version of her performance. Beautiful.
8. On Monday night Mark and I started hearing this dripping noise... and this is what we found. A leak of course. We assume it has to do with the mounds of accumulation of snow on our roof slowly melting in the warmer weather. But is that not the grossest looking water you have ever seen? Eugh. We're going to put in a work order when we get home from Edmonton and hopefully someone will come and figure out what's going on. And then fix it. Because it grosses me out. PS. Don't judge me by how big that ice cream container is... or the fact that it's empty.

9. And I have the best for last. Have you heard Justin Timberlake's new song, Mirrors? No? Well in the case... your welcome. Because this song is flipping great. I can't stop listening to it!

10. Don't copy the behaviour and customes of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:2

PS. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment