15.10.14

GIVING THANKS


If you were celebrating the holiday this past weekend, I hope you were surrounded by some yummy food, good company, and lots of joy. We spent Saturday preparing our contributions to the dinner: apple crisp (and ice cream), sweet potato casserole, caesar salad (bagged...), and of course, stovetop stuffing. Although we dearly missed our families back in Ontario, we had a wonderfully mellow, but perfectly complete Saturday night Thanksgiving dinner with our Beauval family. There was plenty of laughter, full bellies, sleepy children, and leftovers to be had (which on our part, were had quickly and joyfully). I couldn't help but think of Joey from Friends as I ate my turkey dinner, thankful to be wearing maternity (or Thanksgiving) pants.

On Sunday, Mark, Thaddeus and I enjoyed spending the whole day with one another, which included a Thanksgiving walk in the sunshine around Beauval. It wasn't exactly a walk in Gatineau park, but we sure do live in a beautiful place. The weekend left me feeling very, very grateful.


In other news, I have been feeling for a while now that Thaddeus may be nearing the stage where he will go down only for one nap a day. Well, today marks the beginning of that stage, although I don't know if I'm ready for it! Over the past month or so he has been quite easy to put down for a morning nap, but not quite ready for an afternoon nap. It was definitely beginning to be a bit of a struggle to get him down the second time. So this morning, I finally bit the bullet and decided to push his morning nap as long as I could. Piece of cake, Hallelujah!!! Mind you, we are in the city right now and we spent the morning at WalMart and Value Village (side note: I totally found a Thyme Maternity winter coat for $20!!! I am over the moon!) so I think all that excitement made it easy. We had a quick lunch back at the hotel, and he was out by 11:55. It's almost been an hour now, and I'm hoping I'll get a solid two out of him. Then we'll push through to bed time. So far, so good! Hopefully he'll have a great night's sleep and tomorrow will be just as easy. Here's hoping!

Have a happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment