4.6.12

RECIPE: BLACK BEAN QUESADILLAS

1. I made quesadillas for the first time... (on our portable burners of course) and they were AMAZING! (recipe below)
2. I also roasted red peppers for the first time (in our convection toaster oven) and they also turned out great! They went into the quesadillas.
3. My old & horrible can opener finally broke... so I got a new one. IT IS INCREDIBLE. And comes with a 3-year warranty! I like that.

Rebecca's Black Bean Quesadillas

2 Tbsp oil
1 medium onion
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can black beans
1 roasted red pepper, chopped
4 (10 inch) tortillas
1 C chedder, shredded (maybe more...)
4 Tbsp fresh garden salsa (I used the kind from FarmBoy)
2 Tbsp fresh basil, torn
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, torn
fresh lemon juice
1 avocado, sliced
(FYI... I kind of winged this recipe so all amounts are approximate)

1. Heat oil in pan over med-high heat.

2. Add onions & sauté until caramelized, set aside.

3. In a large bowl, mix garlic, black beans, roasted red peppers, basil, cilantro, and caramelized onions. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice to taste.

4. Place tortilla in pan, sprinkle part of the cheese over half of the tortilla, then top with bean mixture and salsa. Top with more cheese.

5. Fold the tortilla in half covering the filling and cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides & cheese is melted. 

6. Slice each quesadilla in 3 triangle pieces and serve with an avocado slice garnish. (I really liked the avocado on top, but my husband would have preferred it stuffed inside the quesadilla. Or you could always make some guacamole! Your call!)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment