26.4.13

HOMEMADE BODY BUTTER


In YESTERDAY'S BLOG POST, I shared a bit about my love for homemade things. After writing about it, I got the itch! As I mentioned yesterday, I came across this awesome recipe for HOMEMADE BODY BUTTER. Well, I just had to try it out! I made a half batch as a tester, and I must say I am pretty impressed. 

I'll be 8 months pregnant on Monday, and even though I was so optimistic about not getting any stretch marks, they have finally made their appearance. I have a pretty short torso and so I am CARRYING QUITE FAR OUT.  Plus, I'm carrying a Westman baby, and if you know my husband and his family, it's possible that I might be giving birth to a two-year-old sized baby. Needless to say, I am very interested to see what the technician has to say at our ultrasound on Monday! Anyway, all this to say, coconut oil is supposed to be great for stretchmarks (according to like every second pin on pinterest, it's supposed to be great for everything). I have been using store-bought stretch mark cream ever since I found out I was pregnant (obviously didn't help avoid them completely), but as you can imagine, I was pretty excited to make  a homemade version!




I used grapefruit zest in my mixture, and it smells heavenly. You can use whatever kind of zest you would like, or substitute with essential oils of your choice. I even tasted it (totally safe), and oh man... I kind of wanted to eat it all. I didn't. However, the zest is the best part, and the most annoying part. After applying, it leaves tiny little pieces of zest all over you that you need to wipe off. A price I'm willing to pay for the smell. It did give me an idea, however, to make a body scrub for the shower... putting that on my to-try list.

I have been having a really hard time sleeping lately due to insomnia and other various annoying pregnancy symptoms, and I really found that the smell was so relaxing last night, and helped me fall asleep. After showering last night I pretty much covered my body in the stuff and I still smell awesome this morning. My legs are especially smooth as I applied the body butter right after shaving them (well... hubby shaved them. I can't reach anymore. He did a great job).

Anyway, I suggest you try making some. It took all of 10 minutes to whip together, and it's definitely worth it. If you missed the link, you can find the recipe HERE.

Enjoy and have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment